Sunday, September 17, 2017

LM #362 - All About Plaids

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Sketches In Thyme reveal, please scroll down or go here.

Our challenge this week at Lasting Memories is "All About Plaid". We are to use some plaid paper on our layout. Here is what I came up with:


I used Carta Bella's "Fall Blessings" collection for this layout. I haven't bought any fall collections yet this year and I think I need to - I barely had enough paper to get this layout done! That's a good thing, right? It means I did a good job using up this collection!

I based this layout off of the Challenge #1 sketch from Sketch N Scrap's Back To School Crop that was posted yesterday:


I knew that I wanted to use these photos of Abby, Shawn, and Ada from their trip to the pumpkin patch last year. I went with a wider strip of paper down the side and omitted the bottom embellishment cluster. Other than that I stayed true to the sketch.

Why don't you head on over and check out Sketch N Scrap's Back To School Crop? You can find it on our Facebook Events page here.

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you play along with our challenges this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Lori! This is beautiful! I saved it for inspiration. The papers and embellishments are gorgeous, but the focus is on the photos. love it!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete